End of year is always busy in marketing, so we don’t always get a chance to look around and take in what everyone else is up to, but I came across this gem of a promotion by ASICS (thanks to my mate Paul) and thought I’d share it.
The Win ASICS Gear Competition
The basic details:
- The competition ran for 15 days.
- A winner is drawn every 24 hours.
- Because it’s drawn every 24 hours there’s always a sense of urgency.
- Compelling, yet an inexpensive competition for Asics to run.
- After entering, you’re given a unique share link which gives you more chances to win. Instant viral effect.
No distractions, easy to complete, beautifully designed. I love how it captures important data about users without being intrusive.
1. The opening competition screen – No BS intro, countdown clock and prize winners below the fold.
2. Men’s or women’s draw – Gives a chance to collect the lead’s gender.
3. Gear type selection – Determines the persona of the subscriber
4. Prize selection – Capture the types of products the new lead will buy.
5. The form – captures details and interests, requires them to subscribe to ASICS.
6. Competition entered – has a share URL which allows you to triple your entries, and Facebook and Email share shortcuts. Instant viral effect.
The follow-up email:
The day after the competition ended, we get this email – and you open it because you think – hey maybe I won?!
Woohoo, you save Save 30% – everyone’s a winner!
It’s possible that other people got different emails based on their activity and I think the email could probably be more personalised using the data that was collected, but I love how simple and effective it is. It’s a great closer.
I thought it was executed brilliantly. Couple this promotion template with Facebook/Instagram ads and you’re on fire. I would like to build and use this template myself in the not too distant future.
For inspo, I’ll be keeping an eye on ASICS promotions in the future 🤓🏃♂️
If you would like to see more posts like this, please join my mailing list.